Monday, August 5, 2013

Week 35: David McNamara is 20 Years Old Today!

I'M 20!!!!!!  Woooohooo.  

I'm no longer a little teenager. I'm a Man now thats on a mission. (Literally) Well heres how my birthday went today. Woke up at 6 to my 2 comps singing happy birthday to me, the mexican version, with them jumping on me and screaming happy birthday in english. Then we got on the bus to tampico because there were transfers today in the mission! It was about a 3 hour bus ride to tampico. Oh both my comps that i had left and now i have a new companion! His name is Elder Nieto, he is from Ecaudor and he is the new district leader here.

Well so i got off the bus and found my comp and the other new elders in the little town. and then we left about 10 minutes after i got there.  Another 3 hour bus ride. So thats about what i did today for my birthday. Sit on a bus. haha sounds fun right?

I got a ton of emails today from all you guys and the christensens!  I love you guys.
This past week was alright. Taught some good lessons. None really that sticks out to me. But we went to Victoria on monday and again on thursday. So a lot of traveling. I dont mind it so much. It gives me a lot to think about.

Im excited for this next transfer. With my new comp. He is more obedient which is good and will help a lot. So i get to teach him and the other elders whats up here in the town. All the members and less actives and the investigators. I honestly dont know what to say. Sorry! BUt i still cant believe that im 20 now. Its kinda wierd i remember when we moved to utah when i barel turned 17 haha nows its been 3 years! Time sure goes by way fast.

Well i just want to share a cool quote with you guys, its....Dreams are the Goals, Dedication is the Journey...I heard that and loved it. I thought it was pretty cool.

Well im doing good. Excited for this transfer. Im happy and i love you all and love being a missionary..most of the time.  It gets hard but its only making me stronger.

Love you all!!!,

Elder 20 year old

Email Elder David McNamara at: David.McNamara@myldsmail.net

Mexico LDS Mission
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

No comments:

Post a Comment