Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas in the MTC: Letter from David

Merry Christmas family!!!
They let us write today because we're not aloud to call. But The past 3 days have been really hard Im not going to lie. Sunday I had a meeting and they were talking about how not to be homesick. Which was retarded for them because it made me even more homesick!! I was about to cry! I was seriously about to just stand up and leave the room. I just wanted them to shut up haha they talked about home for about 30 minutes so i was going to die.
Sunday i was also released as District Leader because they have 2 DL in the MTC. Split up the time. SO yeah. I actually felt more relieved and stress free... almost. haha So thats good. 

Christmas eve was the same until the night. We had a nativity scene and all that cool stuff. Then after we got to watch a MOVIE. A christmas Carol! haha I would never watch that back home but it was good seeing that then..yeah. But they handed out a bag of popcorn to every missionary too! Then we went to sleep.
I woke up at 6 to open my presents! IT was different than what i am used to but it still was fun i guess. Thank you mom for the small jesus and the journal and your card! I got a few things from katie, a yo yo, pictures, letters, a pillow case with her face on it! haha it pretty awesome, another journal, a christmas card that has pictures of us on it, and a booklet all about us with pictures and sayings, and a tape with a tape recorder and all that stuff! My favorite present was the booklet of katie and I! sorry mom haha I still love you.

I can deffinately feel all of your guys prayers. They reallly do strenghten me! They help me and the Lord is helping me too! Im still homesick but not as bad as the first 2 weeks. I miss all of you and Kaite and her family!

Today we had a devotional and guess who spoke.....THE PROPHET!!  haha just kidding.  Russell M. Nielson. I didnt know he was one of the 12 apostles but yeah! It was really good hearing him speak and stuuf. One thing that hit me was that we (missionaries) are the link for people to recieve eternal life! 19 year olds are reponsibly for that its carzy but awesome! Im so excited to teach people! I just cant wait to go to mexico! I want to get out of Hogwarts (MTC). We do the same thing everyday haha its hard to stay focused sometimes. but Im trying.

The spanish is coming along. Learning more everyday and how to teach the gospel in spanish everyday! After 2 weeks here I could of aced the spanish 4 class in high school haha its pretty crazy to thing how far I have come in 4 weeks with spanish and gospel doctrine!  
The MTC is the second most spiritual place, the first being the temple! I feel the spirit here everyday it so good and helps me a lot!

Yesterday I was having a hard day missing katie and you guys and one missionary in my district wrote me a little letter and gave it to me. That helped me alot. He just said I know your having a hard time right now and if there is anything I can help you with you can talk to me about anything. he also gave me a scipture that made my day SO mush better. Its a really short scripture but it was John 14:18? It says. I will not leave you comfortless. I read that and thought about it. That helped me alot!

Tonight we have a talent show and then we get to watch the movie, Its a wonderful life, Im excited! I actually love that movie. Its really good! It will make me think of katie.
I love you family! write me all about what you did and how your christmas was! I love hearing from all of you! Use "Dear ELDER.com," it's better to get than emails cause i can write what i want to say before I get on the computer!


yo se que jesucrito es mi salavdor y neustro salvador. yo se que este iglasia es el verdad iglasia en este tierra. Yo amor ustedes muy mucho. mi familia es el major! hijole yo quierro con ustedes muy mal! Feliz navidad!

Love, David


If you wish to send David a letter, here is his address:

Please use:  www.dearelder.com and send a letter to him FREE while in the MTC.

or

Elder David McNamara
MTC Mailbox #105
Mex-Tamp 0128
2005 N 1900 E
Provo, UT 84604








No comments:

Post a Comment