Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Week 25: Six Months Down .... 18 to Go!

Hey family!!

This week was just alright. Some days were pretty hard. Well we did what we always do as missionaries. That is preach the gospel!! haha Its starting to get really hot here. More than it has. Like in the nights I just lay there and my whole body is drenched in sweat and i cant really sleep because its so hot. SO i havent really slept that much this week. I just sweat all day haha like in the morning when i'm sitting on the toliet with sweat dripping from my face and from my thighs haha hope you guys can imagine that!

So here there is a colony of menonights or however you spell it. And every tuesday the come into town and they just stare at everyone and especially at me! Its kinda creepy haha but one day this week my companion and i were walking accross the bridge and we stopped to throw rocks over into the rio. Its fun haha because the bridge is really high! 

Well anyways while we were doing that a guy came out of nowhere and was staring at me and then finally i shook his hand and he asked me if i was a menonite.. i told him no im a missionary for the church of jesus christ. But then he said no your a menonite, you have the same type of hair and eyes and your face looks like a menonite. I kept trying to tell him i wasnt and my comp kept saying it to but he just didnt understand i guess haha well we set up a cita with him and we visited him and his family yesterday! haha

We figured out that him an his wife and his 2 kids have listen to the missionaries before but it has been like 5 years ago. They said they were listing to the missionaries but then all of the sudden they stopped coming. My comp. said that the mission closed this area for 2 or 3 years for some reasons but opened back up 2 years ago. SO we are going to visit them later this week. But yesterday while we were going to vist that family we couldnt find the house because they were no numbers so we past this women sitting outside here house. 

Then i thought we should ask her if she knew the man or where he lived. So i asked here and she knew him then we were about to leave then i thought that i should ask her, her name so i did. So she tells us then tells us that she is the mom and grandma to some members here in our branch! And she never has listened to the missionaries before so i give her a pamphlet of lesson 1 and explain it a little bit then we left. Then we were walking back and we saw her reading the pamphlet! It was so cool haha that was my first contacted that i did!

Here in Mexico we arent really allowed to contact like from door to door or in the street. But if we feel like we should to talk to someone or knock on a certain door we can.

Friday we did divisiones. It was the worst day ever! My spanish just like disappeared or i dont know where it went. My teaching sucked and that made me in a bad mood. Then when that happened i started missing home. So that day pretty much sucked. But im doing better today!

Yesterday at Church i spoke in front of everyone..in another language!. There was about 25 members there with about 5 men haha a lot of people huh? I was kinda nervous but it was good. I worte a few things on a piece of paper and went off from there. I talked about the Atonement and how we can find comfort, peace, happiness and forgivenness through christ and his atonement. Then i started talking about how we need to show that we are grateful for the atonement by doing what he asks and just doing what good ALL the time. I talked for about 20 minutes! Cool right! haha just remember i did all that in SPANISH! Thats so cool that i can speak another language. Thanks to the spirit and gift of tongues! I have a strong testimonio of the gift of tongues and how real it is!

Here in Soto there are 4 missionaries and we pretty much are together a lot of the time. Well on p days and sundays. and us 4 eat at the same house. Its pretty cool. BUt there is like nothing to do here on p days. A small town with pretty much nothing. But i like it a lot. To be honest i dont konw why haha 

This morning my companion closed the bathroom door and it locked so we couldnt get in. So we tried to pick the lock then we tried to push in the thing that points out the goes into the frame( i dont know what thats called) We used the kitchen knifes that we have, which are pretty crappy. Then we finally decied to take the door off the hinges. We used a 5 pound wieght that my companion has and a scripture marking pencil to tried to take off the hinges. Didnt work....I broke the pencil with the first hit or pound of the wieght. Then i firgured out that the pocket knife thing that i have as a wierd tool that all it is a small metal stick thing. I always wondered what the crap i could use that tool for.. and i guess for taking a door off its hinges haha So we spent about 20 mintutes on that stupid door. But dont worry we got it!

Well my camera is still broken. The member is going to the capital (victoria) today to see if they have a part to fix it. So hopefully its there. So i dont have any pictures!! Sorry. I love you guys!

Love
David   

Email Elder David McNamara at: David.McNamara@myldsmail.net

No comments:

Post a Comment