Monday, December 2, 2013

Week 51: Dreaming "I'm Thirsty for Water ..." in SPANISH

Hey family!  How are you all?

Im doing good.  It was a good and fast week.  Im just still thinking about the OSU game that mom told me. HOW SWEET IS THAT!  I wish i could have saw it.  Thats my team right there killing it like they should. GO BUCKS!!!

Those pictures that you sent me mom brought back so many memories from nags head and good old deseret!  What awesome times those were.  Such a blessing to have lived in a place like we did.

I cant believe that Bryan O´conner ("Brian O'Conner" was Paul Walker's character) died in a car accident.  Now i wont get to see anymore fast and furiious movies!!

Today has been a really good day.  So in the center palaza a ton of people from all around has put their tents and stuff to sell.  Its so cool and lets just say i bought some really cool stuff.  I had to get out of there before i bought more things haha but hey...YOLO.

So i get to talk to you all in 23 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Im so excited to get to talk with you all again. Its been 7 months since i have talked to you all in person, well kind of.  Im going to say right now im going to cry when we talk haha.  Its all good.

So i have been on my mission for a year now.  WOW where has the time gone? Really it has gone by really fast. And ill be home in 11 months!  One missionary has told me that the mission is 1 year and 1 second. Im sure thats true!  I have learned so much in all areas, Living on my own, getting alog with people, talking with people, and especially about my savior! The best thing that i can grow here is my testimony that will help me for the rest of my life!

Want to hear some thing funny that happened this week? So like tuesday morning at like 3 in the morning. My compa was awake because he couldnt sleep and then all of the sudden he heard me say ¨Tengo sed....agua....ahhhhhh!!¨ haha the thing is, is that i said it in spanish while i was asleep. Looks like im dream in spanish now! Im becoming mexican.

So our investigator, Alfonso esta con ganas todavia!!. He is for sure one of those people that are prepared by the Lord to hear the gospel. I am 100 percent sure about that. Every lesson that we have with him is so spiritual and he is progressing so much. Guess what?  He stopped drinking since we taught him the first time!

Alcoholism is something that is really dificult to break but the gospel and the desire changes everything and makes everything possible. And guess what else. We found out that he plays xbox 360, AND he plays Halo and Call of Duty!!!  What person is not more perfect for me to teach on the mish?

We talked about Halo for like 10 minutes after a lesson we had last week haha.  He always invites us to play with him after but we got to say no...:( He came to church for the 3rd time in a row yesterday.  And he is in 1 Nephi 17 in the book of mormon. I cant wait to see him baptized the 28th. That will make my whole mission worth it.  My first real baptism in my whole mission.  Not only the fact of having a baptism, seeing someone coming to the knowledge of their savior and seeing that light grow in their eyes.  (Took that from a scripture in mosiah)

That was my week for ya.  This week is the last week of the change. so i might get changed out this next monday but who knows.  I dont want to be changed.  I want to stay here because we are raising this area and my comp and I get along really well, and for alfonso!   Pray for me that i stay.

I love you all so much.  Have a good week   :)

Love,
Elder McNamara

                                                       
"I am the Stig"





No comments:

Post a Comment